1kV/3kV XLPE insulated (flame-retardant) power cable uses XLPE insulation and LSZH sheath that are both flame-retardant. Compared with common PVC insulated type, it features stable performance and good flame-retardant property. Meanwhile, it is cheaper than the XLPE insulated type with same specification. Thus, it is suitable for places where good fire resistance is required but environmental requirement is not very strict.
The XLPE insulated (flame-retardant) power cable meets the GB/T 12706-2008 standard which is equal to IEC 60502-2005. Meanwhile, the flame-retardant property conforms to GB/T 18380.3-2008 which is the same as IEC 60332-2004.
2). Application Properties
1. Rated voltage U0/U: 0.6/1kV
2. Long-term working temperature: 90℃
3. Short circuit: Cable temperature ≤250℃, lasting time ≤5 seconds
4. Minimum bending radius during laying: 20 times of overall cable diameter for single core type, and 15 times for multi-core type.
5. Additionally, the ambient temperature when laying cable should not be lower than 0℃, otherwise, preheating is required. The laying is not limited by the drop height.
3). Cable Length
Power cable is usually delivered in drum, and the total length is often longer than 100 meters. Short cable can also be delivered, but it should not be shorter than 20m, and its amount should not exceed 10% of total length. The cable can be delivered at any length, and this is negotiable. In addition, the length error is within ±0.5%.
4). Model Explanation
Descriptions for Power Cable
Applications for (Flame Retardant Electric Cable
XLPE insulated and PVC sheathed (flame-retardant) power cable
It can be laid indoors and outdoors, such as tunnel, cable duct, loose soil, etc. It can not bear external mechanical force, but a certain tensile force can be applied during laying. In addition, the single core type is not allowed to be installed in magnetic pipes.
XLPE insulated, steel tape armored and PVC sheathed (flame-retardant) power cable
It is placed outdoors, and burying in the ground is also suitable. Meanwhile, external mechanical force is applicable, but big tensile force is forbidden.
XLPE insulated, thin steel wire armored and PVC sheathed (flame-retardant) power cable
It is used in water,vertical well or places with high drop height, and it can bear external mechanical force and fairly large tensile force.
XLPE insulated, thick steel wire armored and PVC sheathed (flame-retardant) power cable
It can be laid in vertical well, sea floor or places with high dropheight. Pretty big positive pressure and tensile force are both applicable.
1. The models also contain flame-retardant type.
2. When signing the contract, the flame retardant type must be specified. For example, if type A is preferred, please add "A" to the end of "ZR", forming "ZRA", and A is usually used in places where the flame-retardant property is highly required. B and C follow the same rule. In addition, if there is no letter after "ZR", the cable will be produced following "ZRC".
5). Production Range
Nominal Cross Section (mm2)
6). Correction Factors of Current Capacity for Different Thermal Resistivity Coefficients of Soil
|Rated Voltage (kV)|
Cross Section (mm2)
Thermal Resistivity Coefficient of Soil (K·m/W)
35 and below
185 and above
Note: Thermal resistivity coefficient of soil: PT=1.0 K•m/W.
7). Correction Factors of Current Capacity at Different Ambient Temperature
Operating Temperature (℃)
Air Temperature (℃)
Soil Temperature (℃)
luxing Cable Technology Hebei Co.,Ltd. is a specialized manufacturer of cables, including:
√ Control Cable with Multi-Cores,
√ Computer Cable with Individual and General Shileding and PE/ PVC/ XLPE Insulation,
√ Shielded Cable or Screened Cable,
√ ABC Cable in Aluminum for Overhead Application,
√ Power Cable with PE/PVC/XLPE Insulation and PVC Sheath and Armor,
√ Rubber Cable for General Purposes, Welding Machines or for Mining,
√ Armored Cable with Steel Tape or Steel Wire Armor,
√ PVC Cable with PVC Insulation and PVC Sheath,
√ Low Voltage Power Cable,
√ Medium Voltage Power Cable,
√ Fire Resistant Cable and Flame Retardant Cable,
√ Mining Cable, Flexible Rubber Mining Cable, PVC and XLPE Insulated Power Mining Cable,